Thanks Lin and Robyn! I've been tagged to write 7 facts/habits about myself which, when I think about it, always reminds me of how boring I am! The last tag was to write about some 'weird' facts and none of mine were really weird at all so I thought this time I would include some of the weird ones that I've only hinted at before.
1. I knew the day before that one of my family was in danger. I rang him up and he was fine. The following day he had a heart attack. (Not the one that killed him, unfortunately I got no warning about that.)
2. Mark called me during the day to tell me his secretary had had a baby boy. In the evening I called the baby by his name but Mark said 'where did you get that from?' it hadn't been named yet and anyway it wasn't going to be an Christian name, it would be a traditional name from his father's country (I'm trying to keep this anonymous!) A few days later he was given the name I said.
3. I met someone who would become a friend at Mark's 40th birthday party. We talked briefly in a group in the kitchen. I saw her again on her own and mentioned about her birthday 'next Wednesday'. She was really shocked as she hadn't told anyone. I thought she had mentioned it in the kitchen but she said she was so depressed about it she was going to keep quiet about it, so she knew that she couldn't have.
4. I can quite often look at a photo and 'know' the person is dead. Wishful thinking gets in the way so it's not always reliable! I test myself when I'm reading the papers, looking at the photos before reading the article.
5. I can tell if things planned for my day are going to happen or not by whether or not I can 'imagine' them. It doesn't matter how much planning or how big or trivial the event, if I can't imagine it or it doesn't feel right it usually (in fact, always, this one is reliable!) doesn't due to something unexpected. One example was when Paul was due to go to his first school, near us in Kent. When I looked at the building I just couldn't see myself dropping him off there. A few months before he was due to start, Mark got the surprise news of our relocation to Dubai.
6. I spent a year, from about the age of 5, living with an aunt and uncle in their hotel in Cork, when my parents moved to London. (Pearce Brosnan had a similar experience, must be an Irish thing!)
7. I was the only student at boarding school with family in another country.
This tagging thing is going like wildfire around EDM so it would take me hours to search for anyone who has been missed out(we are supposed to tag another 7) but I think Annabel may have escaped so I'm going to tag her!